Re: [udig-devel] Eclipse + ClassLoader + LocalCatalog

Vincent Nouguier wrote:

Dear all,

I have the following problem.
I created a new data type from XML content.
When I run uDig for the time in a clean workspace, everything works well. I can create services that are displayed in the localcatalog view. When I close and try to run uDig once again, previously loaded services are loaded through the ServiceExtension extension. It seems that the XML parser used to load my service is the one from the JDK, not the xerces librairy I included in my plugin, not the xerces version included in the lib plugin. As I use Castor for XML mapping, I get an exception when reading XML content. I really believe it is a problem of classloader but I don't know what to do?

I think you need to produce an explicit plugin that just serves up the xerces you are using and then you can use plugin depenedency to ensure you get the correct classpath.

PS: I did not forget my previous questions (one week ago) to display layers in a heriarchical manner, but I tried to diplay them first in a flat way. Can the members method on IGeoResource help me ?

Yes - I did make WMS GeoResource - aka Layer use memebres to try provide nesting that reflects what occurs ont the WMS server. But I had to back out the change as too many bad assumptions were made in uDig - I will try again when i have more time. However the concept is good.

If you want you can try letting the layer view display additional entires as their children, you will need to provide your own behavior and context menu for them...

If I were you I would construct a new view that does what you need. The layer model is there for you to manipulate, and you will not be held back by our concept of conveying z order.

Back to the top