[udig-devel] IService has the same tradeoffs

IService and friends has the same set of Tradeoffs, I don't need the answer for this one today.

IService has the same arangement - with one interesting wrinkle. The IServiceInfo has a getIcon() method.

Using the same recomendations as before - I am going to consider any IServiceInfo as having the possibility of blocking.

I have added ISharedImages.getImageDescriptor( IService ) and ISharedImages.getImageDescriptor( IGeoResource ) as the non blocking Icon creation just based on type.

That leaves IServiceInfo.getIcon() free to block while talking to locating the icon specified in the GetCapabilities file, or on disk.

Jody

Back to the top