[udig-devel] Re: UDIG 0.6.1: WFS Editing

Steffen Macke wrote:

Jody,

I'm following the UDIG development on the mailing list and
I've read the design document. However, I'm not clear about
one thing:

UDIG should in the end allow to edit features through an
transactional WFS. Is this already implemented in 0.6.1?
I'm using geoserver as WFS.
Steffen:

WFS editing is connected, but poorly tested at this time. I am not sure we have managed to
update our test server to the latest GeoServer.

Editing is one thing that is difficult to test on public WFS servers. I will hunt down the URL of our test GeoServer instance as any feedback we can get on editing would be appricated.

I suppose UDIG will suffer from the same Postgis FID generation bug you just found in the GeoServer code base. At least you should be able to check which FIDs are being generated ...

Thanks,
Jody

Back to the top