[udig-devel] Re: uDig WMC support

Thanks for the email Tom:

We did use the WMS Context document as a starting point for our requirements.

Was this not chosen for any particular reason?  It seems logical to enable saving and loading of views in something like uDig.
It was not chosen as it did not meet all our needs. As an example we need to store some connection information to allow Project files to be emailed between user's (conversly these files should not store username and password).

We were hoping a plugin could be written to import and export a Map to and from the WMS Context Specification. We had to be very careful about our "requirements" to make sure we did not bite off more then we could chew.

Indeed writing a WMS Context Import/Export Wizards is high on my list of plugins to recomend to volunteers.

Cheers,
Jody

Back to the top