Re: [udig-devel] holongate vs. SWT_AWT bridge

Alle 06:14, giovedì 5 agosto 2004, Jesse Eichar ha scritto:
> I glad you brought this up Jody,  I want to know if people have some
> opinions as well.  We are using JAI in our rendering pipeline and are
> using Java 2D for printing.  The current renderers use Java 2D as well.
> We want/need to use Java2D and JAI for rendering.  However we are
> displaying in SWT Composites, which requires copying our image into a
> SWTImage or embedding a AWT Pane into SWT.

Another advantage of using SWT_AWT is that this way the map component
could be developed as a swing component with a higher reuse potential in other
applications (from the gt2 point of view). Yet, having to use 1.5 on linux
just for this is a pain...

Best regards
Andrea Aime

Back to the top