Re: [udig-devel] uDig jossim?

JOSSIM could be a very nice way to get some powerful raster processing "for free" in uDig. Particularly if we did something with a Java plugin for manipulating the OSSIM processing chain. This is like what we were talking about last year, integrating JUMP with OSSIM.

mrl wrote:

I've just been catching up and reading through some of the docs on the uDig site. Of particular interest was the need for handling large raster files, reprojection support and the like. All of this is already done in OSSIM. Also, Scott Bortman recently used SWIG to generate Java bindings (nicknamed jossim). We were using this to provide WMS services directly from OSSIM. Recently we have been working on packaging for Windows, Mac, Linux as well as beginning to generate documentation. Scott is out until next week, but it might be productive to see how we could tie the two together.

------
Mark Lucas
Lead Scientist / Site Manager
Intelligence Data Systems Inc.