Re: [udig-devel] Re: [Geotools-devel] Rendering and UDIG -- Sanity Check

At 12:05 AM 5/25/2004 +0530, Debasish Sahu wrote:
Hello All,

I am in the process of designing a WMS Server based on GT2 . I had thought
of Lite Render
for the purpose , now I am a bit confused as both j2d and lite render seems
to be half done.

Both renders are very good, they are only half done if you want them both to do everything. All of this debate has arisen from the fact that a desktop gis tool needs some of the functionality from each. However, for a WMS lite is an excellent choice that should do everything that you need aslite is stateless and WMS is a stateless protocol.

James

Back to the top