[tycho-user] Generating POMs for pomless build fails for category.xml

Hi!

I have a pom-less build going and now need to tweak some test settings, adding implicit plugin dependencies.

To materialize the POMs I need, I wanted to use the POM generator.

https://www.eclipse.org/tycho/sitedocs/tycho-pomgenerator-plugin/generate-poms-mojo.html

Despite the assertion in the documentation that its aim is to:

"Traverse the current directory to find eclipse-plugin/bundle, feature, update site (site.xml) or p2 repository (category.xml) projects and generate corresponding pom.xml's. "

it breaks with the error below, when I command:

mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-pomgenerator-plugin:generate-poms in the root directory of the parent project.

6919 [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-pomgenerator-plugin:2.3.0:generate-poms (default-cli) on project botlearn-lib: groupId parameter is required to generate pom.xml for Eclipse Repository project com.codebots.botlearn.lib -> [Help 1]

The category file is trivial:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<site>
   <feature id="com.codebots.botlearn.lib">
      <category name="runtime"/>
   </feature>
   <category-def name="runtime" label="runtime"/>
</site>

Note that my pomless build works fine, including tests and P2 materialisation. I take that as a reasonable validation from the POV of Tycho that my build is reasonably sane.

Has anyone ever seen something like this? Could it be a bug?

Best,
JG

--

730 Hawkesbury Road