[tycho-user] Unable to override compiler settings on command line

Hi,

It seems it's not possible to override the Eclipse compiler settings on the
command line using <compilerArgs> in the tycho-compiler-plugin configuration.
According to the Eclipse batch compiler documentation in principle this is
possible, e.g. by passing

<configuration>
  <arg>-err:-nullAnnot</arg>
</configuration>

However, the complete command line generated by Tycho looks as follows:

[DEBUG] JDT compiler args: [-err:-nullAnnot, -warn:-nullAnnot, -properties,
/.../.settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs, -s, ...]

It seems the manually provided compiler arguments are always put at the front
of the argument list. However, according to the batch compiler documentation
the *last* argument determines the effective settings which would be the
project configuration. This means it's impossible to override it on the
command line. This looks like a bug to me. Or is there another way to achieve
this?

Use case are builds in Jenkins where no external null annotations are
available (yet) and therefore we have to turn off the null annotation analysis
completele in order to avoid false errors.

Cheers,

Thorsten