Re: [tycho-user] Tycho 2.1.0 cannot run tests with Java 1.8 anymore. Bug?

Hi Ed,

> The OCL jobs at https://ci.eclipse.org/ocl/ perform a weekly test that
> the latest build is useful on Oxygen through to 2021-03 using the
> appropriate Java for each release. This presumably gives adequate Java
> 8/11 variance.
>
> The Ecore/UML standalone jobs also test that the legacy functionality
> works on a Java 5 platform.

Nice!

But if I interpret the outputs of "ocl-compatibility-oxygen" [1]
correctly, that still uses tycho-surfefire-plugin 1.6.0 (in addition to
unit tests with the maven-surefire-plugin) and running pre-Tycho 2.1 in
a Java 8 test runtime works for me, too. I want to use Tycho 2.1 (or,
preferrably, 2.3) to execute my tests.

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <https://ci.eclipse.org/ocl/job/ocl-compatibility-oxygen/54/consoleFull>