[tycho-user] tycho-eclipserun-plugin: set multiple JDKs in runtime workspace

Hi all,
I am trying to test my eclipse plugin (which adds it's own nature and builder) by starting an eclipse with the tycho-eclipserun-plugin. In the workspace, I import an existing project (via Eclipse AntRunner) and start a full build.
Everything works fine when the project uses the same JDK as configured in the <executionEnvironment> section of the tycho-eclipserun-plugin configuration (which is JavaSE-11). But when I try this with a project configured for JavaSE-1.8, the build fails with
> ERROR: The type javax.xml.bind.annotation.adapters.XmlAdapter cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
> WARNING: The compiler compliance specified is 1.8 but a JRE 11 is used
> ERROR: The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for javax.xml.bind.annotation.adapters.XmlAdapter. Fix the build path then try building this project

I need to start tycho-eclipserun-plugin with Java 11 because my plugin requires Java 11 and otherwise can't be installed, but I'd really like to test its function with Java 8 projects. Is there any way to configure the Eclipse workspace (probably more specific: the org.eclipse.jdt.launching plugin) started by the tycho-eclipserun-plugin to include multiple JDKs and not just the one it was started with?

Kind regards,
    Daniel Schwering

Back to the top