Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

*Von: *"Mahr, Guenther" <gmahr_extern@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gmahr_extern@xxxxxxxxxx>> *Betreff: **WG: How to prepare the p2-site for an offline target platform to be used in a tycho build*
*Datum: *23. November 2020 um 22:57:57 MEZ
*An: *"guenther.mahr@xxxxxxx <mailto:guenther.mahr@xxxxxxx>" <guenther.mahr@xxxxxxx <mailto:guenther.mahr@xxxxxxx>>

*Von:*Mahr, Guenther
*Gesendet:*Montag, 23. November 2020 22:54
*An:*'tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>' <tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>> *Betreff:*How to prepare the p2-site for an offline target platform to be used in a tycho build
Hi,
I have a local p2-site and have tried various things to make the tycho build work and produce the desired result. The problem is always the executable feature. To build my offline target platform (the p2-site) that I give to tycho I use a feature manifest file. If I add the feature org.eclipse.equinox.executable there - in included features - the export function creates entries for the launchers in the artifacts.jar but does not create an entry for the feature itself and also does not output a org.eclipse.equinox.executable.jar. Then during the tyoho build this jar is missing which leads to an error. I tried also to create a separate additional p2-site just for the executable by using the FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher. (I added the the feature folder and a packed version of it there). This works fine and if I add this site to the tycho build, the build succeeds - but with the "disadvantage" that there is no launcher in the product (no eclipse.exe). I understand that this comes from the fact that the FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher works different then the feature.xml export function: it does not care for binaries, so the binaries in which the launchers are, are missing. So my simple question is what can I do to make a tycho build work just with offline links.
I attach my the target profile file used in the tycho build.
Thank you for your help!
Günther Mahr