Re: [tycho-user] please test staged Tycho 2.0.0

Mickael,

I've verified locally for my EMF, Oomph, and JustJ builds that the builds work with Tycho 1.7.0 and with 2.0.0 SNAPSHOTS.

The one small problem I noticed is this part of the target platform configuration for Oomph:

              <!--  This is needed for Tycho 2.0.0, but breaks 1.7.0 because the compiler source/target levels are not set properly.
              <executionEnvironment>org.eclipse.justj.openjdk.hotspot.jre.minimal-11</executionEnvironment>
              -->
              <executionEnvironmentDefault>org.eclipse.justj.openjdk.hotspot.jre.minimal-11</executionEnvironmentDefault>
              <includePackedArtifacts>true</includePackedArtifacts>

But from that point of view 2.0.0 seems better behaved than 1.7.0.  (Note that the JustJ update sites now include a.jre.* IUs that can be used by Tycho as a custom profile; I had a hard time building Oomph without such a thing, because using the new "none" support made it not possible to compile bundles so it seemed better to have a custom profile IU that exactly matches the EE capabilities and package capabilities of the JRE that will be used to run the products..)

I only noticed the odd 1.7.0 behavior because I had compile errors when I switched to building with Java 11 and using -X I could see that the compile step wasn't setting the right -source and -target for the ecj compiler.  They should be 1.5 because that's what most of the BREEs currently are.  I think it would be helpful if the info logging for the compiler step included the information about the -source and -target levels because -X produce so very much noise and logs lines that are so long you can view then in an Eclipse editor.  We have one bundle with BREE 1.1 and it's not been compiling properly for a long time and I never noticed that...

Thanks for all the hard work on Tycho!

Regards,
Ed