Re: [tycho-user] Compiling for different Java versions with Maven

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 10:20 PM Patrick Tasse <patrick.tasse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So was there anything required at all then for projects to be ready for JavaSE-11 in 2020-09? Were the source code changes I did even required?

No, both Java and Eclipse Platform are backward compatible, so bundles targeting JavaSE-1.8 can still be deployed "as it" in newer Java/Eclipse Platform, without requiring any change.

1) Why do external null annotations not work for JavaSE-1.8 if and only if tycho-compiler-plugin <release> is set to 8?

I don't know, that will need to be investigated by looking at the ecj command-line specification. I don't even know what this "release" flag means ;)

2) What is wrong with our configuration regarding the packages accessible from <unnamed> and java.xml modules for JavaSE-11, and how to fix it?

I think you need to replace "Require-Bundle: javax.annotations" by "Import-Package: javax.annotations" so it would resolve to the bundle in Java 8 and to the system packages in Java 11.

Back to the top