[tycho-user] Tycho local artifacts and mvn dependency:list

Hello,

I noticed something strange investigating an issue I have with a LSP unable to find dependencies of a tycho project.

This LSP is using mvn:dependency:list output to look for local jars in .m2.

For example in my tycho project with mvn dependency:list

I have this kind of outputs

[INFO] +- p2.eclipse-plugin:com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-databind:jar:2.9.9:system

So the LSP is looking for the jar in .m2 for p2/eclipse-plugin/com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-databind/2.9.9 it cannot be found. I understand dependency:list is not really intended to be used like this with tycho project, but I noticed when the project is built tycho is caching the jar in local .m2 in p2/osgi/bundle/com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-databind/2.9.9

I am wondering why this discrepancy ? it would probably make more sense to have tycho putting it in p2/eclipse-plugin instead of p2/osgi/bundle/ or alternatively mvn dependency:list could display p2.osgi.bundle:com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-databind:jar:2.9.9:system.

Is there any way to instal tycho dependencies in local .m2 with the layout displayed by dependency:list ?

Arnaud

Back to the top