[tycho-user] Building standalone JAR using Tycho for plugin dependencies

Hello,

We have are building an application that is EMF-based and as such our projects are Plug-in projects to make use of the dependencies. Besides depending on Eclipse plug-ins we also have some third party libraries (JARs) that we depend on.

Our final application is standalone, built as a JAR (fat JAR is the name I believe).

I am new to Maven and Tycho. I was able to set up a pom-less build using P2 for the Eclipse dependencies. Each individual project builds, but now I am wondering how I can build the final application.

I read that there is a problem with the Tycho classpath not being available for other Maven plug-ins.

Is there a recommended way to use Tycho for the dependency resolution, but build a fat-jar using Eclipse dependencies?

Thanks,
Matthias

Back to the top