[tycho-user] Update on macOS fails to execute chmod

Hi all,

I am experiencing problems when updating my tycho built product on macOS. So this is my scenario:

I have a product built with tycho 1.0.0 based on Eclipse Oxygen (org.eclipse.rcp_4.7.2.v20171130-0510) and an update-site containing a newer version of my custom features. When I update this product eclipse with the features on my update-site, the executable looses its executable bit, so I cannot open my product anymore.

I debugged it remotely and found out that there is an exception thrown in ChmodAction when trying to execute Runtime.getRuntime().exec("chmod", "755", "path/to/executable"): java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “chmod”: error=2, No such file or directory

How can it be that chmod is not found (other binaries like "echo" are not found either)?

This problem occurs on several macOS systems. That said, I should mention that we also have an older version of our product (based on Neon) for which the update mechanism works fine.

Is this something known, or does anyone have a clue what I can further test to spot the bug?

Best regards,
Thomas Kutz

Telefon: +49 231 9860 203
Mobil:   +49 151 62832253
http://www.itemis.de
thomas.kutz@xxxxxxxxx
itemis AG | Am Brambusch 15-24 | 44536 Lünen
Rechtlicher Hinweis:
Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 20621
Vorstand: Jens Wagener (Vors.), Wolfgang Neuhaus
Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Igel (Vors.), Michael Neuhaus, Jennifer Fiorentino

Back to the top