[tycho-user] Skip assemble-repository to build products?

Hi,

I'm thinking about possible ways to speed up the EPP builds (currently taking ~4h on Eclipse.org CI).
It seems like it's spending a lot of time in the various "assemble-repository" goals of each package. As those repositories are not redistributed, it might work to simply get rid of that step or to minimize its work.
So I've got a few questions:
1. Does anyone know whether we can hope materialize-products to work if there has been no "assemble-repository"? It looks like yet according to the doc, but additional feedback would be welcome
2. If 1. is doable, what is a recommendation for the the best way to skip the assemble-repository execution (since this one has no 'skip' flag).

Thanks in advance,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE developer, at Red Hat Developers community

Back to the top