[tycho-user] Features in a product with installMode="root" and assemble-repository semantics

I am building a product, the product contains some custom features and
some Eclipse features (like egit). The Eclipse features are added in the
product with 'installMode="root"', so these features can be removed by
the end user.

While building the update-site, not only the features of the current
build are added, but all the features that in the product are added.
Even with 'includeAllDependencies' marked false. I assumed that features
in a product marked with 'installMode="root"' would have the same
semantics as 'required features' in features. However, the current
behavior indicates that the same semantics as 'included features' are
used. Is this by design, or is this a bug?

I would like to have a 'clean' update site that only contains my custom
features, and not the features that are re-used.

On a more fundamental issue, couldn't or shouldn't the product
configuration be an extension to the feature definition. The product
configuration includes (about) the same information as the feature
definition, extended with some meta-data for launching the product.
Especially for a feature based product, lots of information seems to be
duplicated between the 'branding'-feature and the product.

Kind Regards,
Rolf Theunissen

Back to the top