Re: [tycho-user] Root files permissions

OK for the JRE, I can chmod for bin dir. But I' ve also two toolchains  to install at the root of the product. And I don't want to chmod one file here, and another one here. My archive tar.gz have already the good permission.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Sievers, Jan
Envoyé : mardi 17 mai 2016 15:22
À : Tycho user list
Objet : Re: [tycho-user] Root files permissions

On second glance I think I got your scenario wrong.

AFAIK root file support in p2 (as exposed via build.properties root.* keys) is implemented in p2 by creating a zip of the root files (the ones that end up in the binary/ folder of the p2 repos) and these are unzipped on install. Zip has no file permissions, hence the need to explicitly configure permissions which will be applied with chmod after extracting the zip.

IIRC there were people on this list who successfully packaged a JRE into an eclipse product  so maybe they can chime in.

Regards
Jan