[tycho-user] Why is there an artifacts.xml in my build product archive?

Hi,

I noticed that my product archives contain an artifacts.xml in their
root folder (besides the executable and the folders I would expect:
plugins, features). Why is that?

FWIW, I just checked with the itp04-rcp example using Tycho 0.25 [1] and
this occurs there as well:

> tar tvf itp04-rcp/eclipse-repository/target/product/example.product.id-linux.gtk.x86_64.tar.gz
>> artifacts.xml
>> configuration/
>> configuration/config.ini
>> configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/
>> configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
>> configuration/org.eclipse.update/
>> configuration/org.eclipse.update/platform.xml

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1]
<http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho-demo.git/tree/itp04-rcp>