Re: [tycho-user] Debugging a Tycho plugin project inside Eclipse

Hi,
When you import a maven/tycho project into eclipse as an m2e project, you should be presented with a dialog suggesting you to install m2eclipse-tycho connector (or you can get it manually at [1]).
It will correctly configure your project as PDE project in eclipse.

[1] https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/.m2e/connectors/m2eclipse-tycho/0.9.0/N/LATEST/

I am working on an open source WTP based plug-in for Eclipse.
(Code is at https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/gcloud-eclipse-tools
if you want to take a look.)

The project began inside the Eclipse PDE. Here I was able to "Run as
Eclipse Application" and Eclipse would launch an instance of itself
with my plugin installed. This was useful for debugging and
development.

I then converted the build to a Maven-Tycho based process. The code
builds a plugin archive which can be locally installed into Eclipse.
When so installed, the plugin works, modulo the usual bugs and
glitches at this early stage of development, but it does work.

What I have not yet figured out is how to bring the code back into
Eclipse in such a way as to enable me to "Run as Eclipse Application"
from inside Eclipse. Or rather, I can  "Run as Eclipse Application",
but the launched test instance of Eclipse does not include my plug-in.
(I can also build the code inside Eclipse.)

Any suggestions? How do I load my Tycho project into Eclipse in such a
way that I can run and debug it inside Eclipse?

Currently I am using a Maven import with m2e, but perhaps that isn't
the answer. Another project I've looked at has non-Maven based
settings just for Eclipse. Perhaps the question should be how can I
load my existing code into Eclipse as a plug-in project and keep the
two build configurations in sync?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold