Re: [tycho-user] Updating target version number in parent pom

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. This should get us going!

Jay

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 10:32 PM, Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For PTP, we use M.N.S-SNAPSHOT so that the version is appended with the build qualifier. We only change the the feature versions for a release, so that all the features and their poms are at the same version. Plugin version numbers are only updated if the the plugin is actually modified.

For a release, I update the feature version first (via a shell script), then I run:

        mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=“M.N.S-SNAPSHOT”

which updates the paren pom version and all references to the parent, then

        mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:0.19.0:update-pom

which updates the pom version to the Eclipse/OSGi version (only features and plugins that have been modified).

HTH,
Greg