Re: [tycho-user] Subproject produces "eclipse-repository" packaging, but Eclipse instance fails to install referenced plugin

To close the loop on this, Eike Stepper pointed me to the "bundle pool" analysis feature in Oomph, which can be reached both from Preferences and from the "Advanced Mode" of the new installer. This automatically finds the corrupted jars and provides a magic (from my POV) action to repair them.

I also filed a bug for the original exception message, which didn't report the path to the corrupted archive, and the fix for it was enthusiastically checked in the very same day (committer apparently had been hit by the same message multiple times).