[tycho-user] Starting over on issue resolving bundle with Maven artifacts

Last week I posted a question about integrating Maven artifacts into a Tycho build. I'm going to rephrase the question to hopefully focus on the core issues. I've gotten some help on this issue from both "tycho-user" and even "eclipse-dev", but not enough to solve the problem.

In an Eclipse plugin codebase that I inherited, there are several modules in the multi-module build. Several are plugins, and there are two feature modules, a target platform, and an update site.

One of the plugin modules, called "core", currently references a few jars stored in a "lib" folder in the module. I need to change that to declarative dependencies and retrieval from a repo.

I defined a new module called "maventhirdparty", which defines the GAV coords for the dependencies, and uses the bundle plugin to produce the bundle. The original "core" module now specifies a dependency on the new bundle in the MANIFEST.MF file.

When the "maventhirdparty" module builds, it produces a bundle that seems reasonable. I've inspected the jar and manifest, and I don't see anything obviously wrong.

Unfortunately, when "core" is built and Tycho tries to resolve dependencies, I see the following:
------------------
[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR]   Software being installed: com.cisco.yangide.core 1.1.1.qualifier
[ERROR] Missing requirement: com.cisco.yangide.core 1.1.1.qualifier requires 'bundle com.cisco.yangide.maventhirdparty 1.1.1' but it could not be found
------------------

Here's an excerpt of the manifest from the "maventhirdparty" artifact that is produced:
--------------------
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bnd-LastModified: 1453741848674
Build-Jdk: 1.8.0_60
Built-By: opnfv
Bundle-ClassPath: .,jars/antlr4-runtime-4.0.jar,jars/mapdb-1.0.4.jar,jar
 s/yang-model-api-0.6.1.jar,jars/yang-parser-impl-0.6.1.jar
Bundle-DocURL: https://www.opendaylight.org
Bundle-License: https://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: com.cisco.yangide.maventhirdparty
Bundle-SymbolicName: com.cisco.yangide.maventhirdparty
Bundle-Vendor: OpenDaylight
Bundle-Version: 1.1.1
Created-By: Apache Maven Bundle Plugin
Embed-Dependency: antlr4-runtime, mapdb, yang-model-api, yang-parser-imp
Embed-Directory: jars
Embed-Transitive: true

What other information should I be looking at, or provide here?

Back to the top