Re: [tycho-user] Full cycle testing

What is the reason you are not considering testNG.  Just curious.

On Oct 24, 2015, at 9:43 PM, Pascal Rapicault <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Pros of RCPTT - readability of the test script, recorder, clear separation of setup vs tests
Cons of RCPTT - slow execution of the tests (it takes time for the tool to assemble the AUT), no documented way to run the tests from the workspace where you are developing your code, assertions can only be done on objects reachable from the UI

Pros of SWTBot - all java based, runs directly from the IDE, can tests UI and Java model
Cons of SWTBot - tests are hard to produce and read, they appeared to be more brittle

Overall I think they both cover a different use case. SWTBot is really neat for unit testing (e.g test a view, an editor, a dialog), whereas RCPTT is best suited for integration tests.

HTH