Re: [tycho-user] compare-version-with-baselines

Hi Vincent,

On 10/15/2015 02:01 PM, Vincent GUIGNOT wrote:
If I unzip the 2 artefacts, content are identiquals. If I compare the artefacts themself, there are differents, because the date of the zipped files are not the same.
As a reference, Platform uses a mechanism to replace the new artifact with the "baseline" one in case there is no change. So that allows to have exactly the same binary. See https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Reproducible_Version_Qualifiers .
However, I believe your user story is an interesting one that compare-with-baseline plugin should be able to handle. For example, it could allow multiple strategies for comparison, including one that would compare content instead of byte-to-byte to better handle your use-case-case, and user could select a strategy ("byte-equality", "archive-content-equality"...) via pom.xml. Please open a Bugzilla request for that.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat