Re: [tycho-user] Tycho build for ARM (Raspberry Pi)

AFAIK the native eclipse launchers are thin wrappers which just start a
JVM with given commandline options.

sth like 'java -jar org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_*.jar <further args>'

check eclipse.ini of an existing eclipse installation for the arguments
(or the eclipse log)

you could create a shell script that does the same thing and add it as PDE
root file to your installation [1,2]

Regards
Jan

[1]
http://help.eclipse.org/mars/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.pde.doc.user%2F
tasks%2Fpde_rootfiles.htm
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Demo_Projects/RCP_Application

On 28/09/15 22:30, "tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Alexandre
Waris" <tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of
alexandre.waris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hello,
>

>I already have a tycho build setup for multiple platform (Win 32 & 64,
>Linux 32 & 64) but I'd like to provide a version for Raspberry PI
>(running Raspbian).
>
>The Pi uses a ARM processor and trying to run the Linux launcher on it,
>gives the following error :
>

>"Cannot execute binary file"
>

>Running a "file Goko" command gives the following :
>
>"Goko: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version1 (SYSV),
>dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, not stripped"
>

>I had no chance to test it on a regular Intel Linux but I assume it would
>at least execute the launcher.
>

>Any idea how to add it to Tycho build ?
>
>Could the native launcher be replaced with some command line call ?
>

>I tried and follow
>https://resheim.net/2013/05/running-eclipse-rcp-applications-on.html
><https://resheim.net/2013/05/running-eclipse-rcp-applications-on.html>,
>but had no success.I'm not even sure what's the target architecture name
>(arm, arm6l, .... ?)
>

>Thanks,
>
>Alex,

Back to the top