Re: [tycho-user] root files for products

Simplest way to do that is using a feature: http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho-demo.git/tree/itp04-rcp/example-feature
Rootfiles to include are defined in build.properties.

Another way is through p2iu.xml: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/p2iu.xml
Haven't tried this on yet myself though, somebody else might provide additional knowledge.

Hi All,

Is it possible to add root files to a product with Tycho?

I found an MNGECLIPSE1105rootfiles example in the Tycho repository, but it uses deprecated eclipse-application packaging. I've tried the same approach with eclipse-repository packaging, namely adding

<properties
  <generatedBuildProperties>root.properties</generatedBuildProperties>
</properties>

to pom.xml and providing a root.properties file but the files are not added to the product.

Thanks,
Victor