Re: [tycho-user] Can I use strictVersions in a eclipse-repository project

1.0.0.build01 should be a valid OSGI version number, no ?

Jeff

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 9:32 PM, wiho-tycho-user <wiho-tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm using tycho to build an Eclipse application. I've split the build into two separate maven modules: a eclipse-plugin project and an eclipse-repository project that depends on the former.

My company policy forces my to use version number with a "buildXX" suffix, such as 1.0.0build01(-SNAPSHOT). Maven handles these version numbers just fine, but Tycho doesn't because these aren't valid OSGi versions.

In the eclipse-plugin project I can mitigate the tycho-packaging-plugin error to a warning by specifying the <stringVersions>false</strictVersions> parameter in the plugin configuration. But the same setting seems to have no effect in the eclipse-repository project.

Is there a way to use non-OSGi compatible version number in a eclipse-repository project?

Cheers,

Jochem