Re: [tycho-user] Which repository providing the context of the build?

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/... are Eclipse project P2
repositories, you can install Eclipse SDK from these.

http://download.eclipse.org/releases/... are Eclipse simultaneous
release P2 repositories, you can install m2e, egit, and whole bunch of
other projects that participate in yearly simultaneous releases. You can
install most of Eclipse SDK from here too, but last time I looked some
artifacts were only available from d.o.e/updates/... repositories.

They all exist, from what I can tell, and if you read carefully the
small print below huge "Not Found" title, you will even be able to
browser their contents. I assume somebody at Eclipse foundation finds
this amusing because this was reported countless number of times. (to be
fair, "Show Directory Contents" is a relatively recent addition,
the page used to simple say "Not Found" in the past).

Which repository you use in your build really depends on your
requirements. You probably don't want to mix repositories that
correspond to different yearly releases. I think this can result in some
very hard to troubleshoot dependency resolution problems.

--
Regards,
Igor