Re: [tycho-user] Issue with 64-bit Build

are you sure you are not running a 32 bit JVM on a 64 bit OS?

Jan

From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steven Corenflos
Sent: Mittwoch, 5. März 2014 20:20
To: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tycho-user] Issue with 64-bit Build

Hi there. I'm new to tycho and this is my first time working on a java project in a few years, so I apologize if I'm not giving all the information you need up front.

I'm currently building a rather large program in Eclipse. The program seems to run just fine on MacOS in 32-bit and 64-bit. It also seems to run fine on Linux in 32-bit and 64-bit. In Windows, however, the 32-bit application runs, but the 64-bit application crashes during launch.

I'm attaching the log file, which will hopefully help for clarity. From what I've been able to tell, it seems as it's crashing because it can't find the SWTError class.

According to this SO article I found, it seems as though the problem might be that it's using the 32-bit SWT libraries, which are apparently different from the 64-bit SWT libraries.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11959334/noclassdeffounderror-org-eclipse-swt-swterror

So I attempted to download and install the 64-bit SWT library and made Eclipse known of it, then rebuilt the application, but I'm still getting the same error.

Is it possible that I need to remove the 32-bit library? Will deleting it suffice, or is there some configuration I'll need to do?

I'm also open to any other ideas or suggestions. If there's any additional information needed let me know.

Thanks!

Back to the top