Re: [tycho-user] eclipse-repository and product file that doesn’t validate.

If I understand you correctly, I would say you should just build the product... and if it fails... it fails...

A validate option would be roughly the same logic as the first part of the current the build option (the materialize-products goal), but it should "just" not copy the files and run the various p2 instructions. Unfortunately, this could lead to a situation where a product "validates", but it does not "build".

On my machine, the time used for the resolving of artifacts to install and the actual copying and installation of files, is about 40% vs 60%, so if I wanted to validate the product before the build itself, the complete build will take 40% longer.

/Tonny

--
Tonny Madsen
My profiles: LinkedIn Twitter Blogger SlideShare