Re: [tycho-user] p2 provisioning from DMG / changed file structure

Hi Sonja,

I'm also interested in this at the moment as wanting to do the same.

Updates will work with p2/configuration in the .app itself however the .app shouldn't change as when signing to keep Gatekeeper happy you then get the annoying "do you want to allow YourApp to accept incoming connections" from the firewall if the .app is changed,  I believe.

Doesn't having the p2/configuration folders outside the .app also mean a .pkg package installer is required instead of simple .dmg distribution?

Hmm and the .app is going to change on update when features/plugins are downloaded..! So a new signed .app is needed no?

Apologies for thinking out aloud :)
Hopefully someone out there is already doing p2 updates on a signed DMG and can share some knowledge?!

Regards,
Justin