Re: [tycho-user] Tycho does not pick up java files during compilation

On 1/15/2014, 5:28, Alexander Baier wrote:
On 2014-01-15 11:12 Mikhail Kalkov wrote:
I believe the output directive is only used by Eclipse PDE. In other words,
that's where classes end up when Eclipse builds your plug-in.

I guess, Tycho devs decided to skip this directive in order to avoid
interference with IDE and because they anyway need a place for other
derived artifacts such as p2 repos, product installations, zip archives etc.

That makes sense.

Thinking about this a bit more: The tycho homepage
(http://eclipse.org/tycho/) mentions that tycho is also a tool for
building OSGi bundles. Someone who builds an OSGi bundle (not an eclipse
plugin) and uses Maven/Tycho as his build tool and a differet IDE/Editor
than eclipse, why is someone like that required to specify source
locations in an eclipse specific way? Wouldn't it make more sense to
specify this in a Maven or OSGi way? In addition to that I think tycho

What is "OSGi way" to specify sources location? Can you point me at any
documentation that describes this convention?

--
Regards,
Igor

should pick up the sources at the standard maven locations
(src/main/...) in case it cannot find a build.properties file.

Regards,
--
  Alexander Baier