From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas Johnsson
Sent: Dienstag, 12. März 2013 09:19
To: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tycho-user] Handling non-osgi jar files

I'm in the process of tycho-ifying an eclipse plugin project. It has 3rd
party non osgi jar files residing in lib directories in of subprojects,
and included in the classpath.
Maven/Tycho is able to build this, and the jar files get included in the
built plugins, just as a pde build would.

But: in a proper mavenised and tycho-ified project one would not have
these local lib directories. Instead, the jar files and their versions
would be specified in pom files, and plucked from a maven repo when
building.
Similarly, one would like such jar files from maven repo made available
in the eclipse plugin project.

So what is the state-of-the-art when it comes to building plugins that
include non-osgi jars? I googled this, and found
http://software.2206966.n2.nabble.com/Good-solution-for-non-osgi-jars-td5098103.html
but that was almost 3 years ago, hopefully the situation has improved.

PS In some lucky cases one can find bundle-ified versions at Maven
central, but unfortunately not all.

Thanks in advance,
--Thomas