[tycho-user] Just including root files of a feature

Hello everybody,

I would like to ship my application with a complete JRE. Thus, I created a feature project which contains the JREs for Win32 and Win64 in separate folders:

- win32.win32.x86/jre
- win32.win32.x86_64/jre

Then, I make the jre subfolders to be included in the final application's root directory by specifying the following in the features build.properties:

root.win32.win32.x86 = win32.win32.x86
root.win32.win32.x86_64 = win32.win32.x86_64

The "JRE feature project" is then included in the product definition for which Tycho materializes the product via the tycho-p2-director-plugin.

Everything works fine so far... BUT the "JRE feature project" itself is included in the final application's "features" directory and contains the two JRE subdirectories with content again. Thus, I am actually shipping the JRE three times with my application which unnecessarily bloats the build result.

According to [1], my "JRE feature" should not be included in the final build result as it does not specify a "bin.includes" property in its build.properties, but just the "root" properties as stated above.

Is this a problem of Tycho or am I wrong with anything? Ah yes, for compatibility issues, I am still using Tycho 0.14.1. Was there anything fixed with newer versions related to that issue?

I appreciate your help.

Back to the top