[tycho-user] Problems with Google P2/Repository Update Site

Hi all,

we experience some difficulties building a Plugin against der current
Google P2 Repository located under
<repository>
	<id>google-gpe</id>
	<layout>p2</layout>
	<url>http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/4.2</url>
	<name>google-gpe</name>
</repository>

For some reason any attempts to resolve deps from there result in an error:
INFO] Fetching site.xml from
https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/ (1,29kB of 1,8kB at 0B/s)
[ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: Unable to read
repository at http://dl-ssl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/4.2. No
repository found at https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse. ->
[Help 1]
org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException: Internal error:
java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: Unable to read
repository at http://dl-ssl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/4.2.

Now the suspicous "https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse"; url is
not from our original list of repositories and I don't even need to
resolve any android deps.
I already tried proxying the repository with nexus to workaround it.
Also a lot of people are claiming similar difficulties using eclipse.
Is there something special with the google repo?
How can I workaround this issue? If I can't get Tycho to resolve our
deps we cannot use it. Currently I am using the tycho version 0.16.0.

Any help be appreciated.

Regards,

Nils

Back to the top