Re: [tycho-user] tycho-p2-director-plugin problem

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Demo_Projects/RCP_Application

-----Original Message-----
From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Watson
Sent: Freitag, 19. Oktober 2012 16:35
To: Tycho user list
Subject: [tycho-user] tycho-p2-director-plugin problem

Hi,

I'm trying to build a product using the tycho-p2-director-plugin but it is failing with the message:

[INFO] --- tycho-p2-director-plugin:0.15.0:materialize-products (materialize-products) @ org.eclipse.ptp.rcp.sysmon.product ---
[INFO] No product definitions found. Nothing to do.

I can't find any documentation describing this message. The Tycho wiki page on packaging types is pretty unhelpful also.

I've been building a repo successfully for some time, and have a project the contains the category.xml and a pom.xml with the packaging type "eclipse-repository". I have just added a new plugin that contains a product file. I then added the pom.xml below to this plugin, and added the plugin to the <modules> list in the master pom.xml.

I made the artifactId in the product pom.xml the same as the product ID, but I'm not sure if this is necessary. In Vogel's tutorial, he says "To build your product with Tycho you need to enter the ID on the product configuration file." I don't really understand what this means, and I can't find any documentation about it.

I also don't understand how tycho knows how to connect the product build and the generated repo together? Does the repo somehow get automatically added to the <repositories> list in the master pom.xml? None of how any of this works is clear, so it is impossible to work out what is going wrong.

Can someone please help?
Thanks,
Greg

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd"; xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
	<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

	<parent>
		<groupId>org.eclipse.ptp</groupId>
		<artifactId>ptp-parent</artifactId>
		<version>6.0.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
		<relativePath>../../pom.xml</relativePath>
	</parent>

	<artifactId>org.eclipse.ptp.rcp.sysmon.product</artifactId>
	<version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

	<name>org.eclipse.ptp.rcp.sysmon.product product build</name>
	<build>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
				<artifactId>tycho-p2-repository-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>${tycho-version}</version>
				<configuration>
					<includeAllDependencies>true</includeAllDependencies>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>
			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
				<artifactId>tycho-p2-director-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>${tycho-version}</version>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>materialize-products</id>