Re: [tycho-user] How put generated resources files (txt, properties...) on update site?

> A README in p2-root/ would be invisible to p2.
Exactly. So, one would have to invoke ant-runner to copy the README file to the repository file system, and even worse, p2-mirrorring tools will drop this file unless some manual intervention is done. Anyway, this is just a suggested use case, which I don't think is very important.

Meanwhile, I've found this article -- http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2009/02/19/p2-in-a-non-eclipse-system/ -- where Ian Bull states that one "can install your favorite RPMs, Debs or even MSI (Windows Installer) based applications using p2", but adds that he doesn't have any examples. I guess this is out of scope of the Tycho project though... :-)

/Mikhail