[tycho-user] How to bundle JRE with a product?

I would like to bundle the JRE with a product built by tycho-p2-director-plugin's materialize-product goal.
The PDE product configuration editor offers the flag "Bundle JRE for this environment with the product" which results in a "jre" folder in the PDE product build result. When building the same product with tycho, the jre folder is missing. Is this not supported by tycho or do I need configure additional dependencies?