Re: [tycho-user] Advice for multi-module builds, with SNAPSHOTs and Target Platforms.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Everything is expected to just work if all projects are manifest-first
> projects, i.e. use Tycho eclipse-* packaging types.
>
> If some of the projects use maven-bundle-plugin to generate OSGi
> bundles, these projects have to be built separate, before building
> manifest-first projects. This is a known limitation documented in [1].
> Everything is still expected to work inside m2e workspace, provided you
> have m2e-tycho integration installed.
>

> [1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/How_Tos/Dependency_on_pom-first_artifacts

I'm definitely wanting Manifest first.

I'm not currently using m2e.  But can you explain how m2e-tycho works its magic?
Does it extends the PDE runtime configuration so when I run my product
inside eclipse it can find the other eclipse-* packaging types?
What does the *.target file look like?
Is it fiddling with the classpath so that its using the workspace
versions instead of the target platform versions?

Back to the top