Re: [tycho-user] tycho-p2-director-plugin problem

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 6:58 AM, Barrie Treloar <baerrach@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have project.feature but I don't get why there is an extra "feature" and
>> "group" that it is looking for ...
>
> The magic suffix ".feature.group" is eclipse speak for the UI name of
> the feature being installed.
>
> I know I read this somewhere during my reading but can't recall where.

I shouldn't write emails first thing in the morning...

UI should be IU and means Installable Unit.

Plugins don't need this suffix.
Features do.

Google knows all, I was able to find the link I couldn't remember, see
http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_director.html

"-installIU: a comma separated list of IUs to install. Each entry in
the list is in the form <id> [ '/' <version> ]. If you are looking to
install a feature, the identifier of the feature has to be suffixed
with ".feature.group"."

Back to the top