Re: [tycho-user] Problem with tycho-surefire-plugin and include/exclude patterns

As requested
---
MikeN

On 27/01/2012 3:46 PM, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
Please attach a zip/tar of the example project.

--
Regards,
Igor

On 12-01-27 11:17 AM, Michael Norman wrote:
Ok, I created an 'example project' based on some tutorials I read - New
Project - > Maven Project -> 'maven-archetype-quickstart'

${project.root}
|   .classpath
|   .project                                     ...
<projectDescription><name>example-project</name> ...
|   pom.xml

+---src
|   +---main
|   |   \---java
|   |       \---org
|   |           \---example
|   |                   SomeObject.java
|   |
|   \---test
|       \---java
|           \---org
|               \---example
|                   \---test
|                       |   AllTests.java
|                       |
|                       +---another
|                       |       AnotherNestedTestSuite.java
|                       |
|                       \---nested
|                               NestedTestSuite.java

AllTests is a JUnit4 testsuite that points to nested testsuites that in
turn contain either more testsuites or actual tests:

package  org.example.test;

//JUnit4 imports
import  org.junit.runner.RunWith;
import  org.junit.runners.Suite;
import  org.junit.runners.Suite.SuiteClasses;

//test imports
import  org.example.test.another.AnotherNestedTestSuite;
import  org.example.test.nested.NestedTestSuite;

/**
  *  suite of tests for SomeObject
  */
@RunWith(Suite.class)
@SuiteClasses({
     NestedTestSuite.class,
     AnotherNestedTestSuite.class
   }
)
public  class  AllTests {
}

package  org.example.test.another;

import  org.junit.AfterClass;
import  org.junit.BeforeClass;
import  org.junit.Test;

public  class  AnotherNestedTestSuite {

     @BeforeClass
     static  public  void  setUp() {
System.out.println("one-time setUp for AnotherNestedTestSuite");
     }

     @AfterClass
     static  public  void  tearDown() {
System.out.println("one-time tearDown for AnotherNestedTestSuite");
     }

     @Test
     public  void  aTest() {
         System.out.println("This is another test");
     }

}

I added the following to the pom.xml file:

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>junit</groupId>
<artifactId>junit</artifactId>
<version>4.8.2</version>
<scope>test</scope>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<version>2.9</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>test</id>
<phase>test</phase>
<configuration>
<redirectTestOutputToFile>true</redirectTestOutputToFile>
<includes>
<include>**/AllTests.java</include>
</includes>
</configuration>
<goals>
<goal>test</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>
<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>generate-test-report</id>
<phase>test</phase>
<goals>
<goal>report</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>

<reporting>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</reporting>

Everything works as expected when I run 'mvn compile
compiler:testCompile test' - however, if I switch to
'tycho-surefire-plugin' (instead of 'maven-surefire-plugin'), the
<include>**/AllTests.java</include> does
not work.

For this type of simple project (not OSGi, not an Eclipse plugin),
should I stick with 'maven-surefire-plugin'?
What advantages would 'tycho-surefire-plugin' have (if I could get the
include pattern to work)?
---
Mike Norman

P.S. is there a way to get the 'compile' goal to include compiling the
tests?

On 25/01/2012 4:14 AM, Sievers, Jan wrote:
we would need a stripped down sample project demonstrating the issue to tell if this is a bug or just some configuration problem.

Regards
Jan