Re: [tycho-user] eclipse feature build

Am 03.01.2012 02:07, schrieb Igor Fedorenko:
Eclipse features reference plugins, they do not physically "contain"
them. In order to install the feature, you most likely need to create a
p2 repository that contains the feature and all plugins references by
the feature.

You can instruct Tycho to do this as part of feature build using this
pom.xml configuration snippet (I assume you have tycho-version property
defined in parent pom).

<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
<artifactId>tycho-packaging-plugin</artifactId>
<version>${tycho-version}</version>
<configuration>
<deployableFeature>true</deployableFeature>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>

Alternatively, you can setup separate project with
packaging=eclipse-repository or packaging=eclipse-update-site to build
the p2 repository.

Some days ago, I also had some difficulties to fully understand this, due to my initial ignorance about Maven. I wrote a tutorial how Maven/Tycho can be used. Have a look at:

http://www.sebastianbauer.info/index.php?page=tutorials&which=justify

This tutorial, obviously, is work in progress but maybe it is helpful for others.

Bye
Sebastian

--
Regards,