Re: [tycho-user] Failing to build a master archive for an Eclipse plugin

Hi!

Am 23.12.2011 02:53, schrieb Sebastian Bauer:
I would like to build a very simple Eclipse Plugin which I want to build
using maven and tycho. First, I must admit that do not understand much
about both maven and tycho, which seems to have an extreme learning
curve at the first glance, and I was not really able to find a tutorial
that is targeted at newbies. I found some tutorials covering how to
build RCP applications but nothing when I just want to create a simple
plugin for Eclipse.

I think I found the problem. First, it seems that I cannot enter
 mvn package
in the justify.repo directory. I have to be in the folder, where the parent pom.xml lives. Is this correct?

Second, in my category.xml file the entry looked like this:

   <feature url="features/justify.feature_0.0.0.qualifier.jar" id="justify.feature" version="0.0.0.qualifier"/>

Changing it to

   <feature url="features/justify.feature_0.0.0.qualifier.jar" id="justify.feature"/>

fixes the problem and my master archive is generated. I wondering whether the error messages could be tuned a bit to be more helpful. For instance, when bringing up the error message that a particular dependency cannot be resolved, it would be extremly useful to see information which dependencies actually exists.

Bye,
Sebastian

Back to the top