[tycho-user] Compilation Errors after bug 364076 on 0.14.0-SNAPSHOT

I recently updated to the latest 0.14.0-SNAPSHOT, after successfully using a
snapshot of 0.14.0 from earlier in November. The issue I'm having stems from
the changes introduced to fix bug 364076.  The issue I am seeing is that
some of my bundles have to reference classes within the underlying jdk
com.sun.* and sun.* packages.  All these bundles define their execution
environment as the 1.6se profile, so these bundles work within eclipse and
equinox  because that profile defines the org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation
property to include com.sun.* and sun.* . This means the compiler and the
execution runtime defers to the root classloader for those packages and
things work.

When I updated to the latest 0.14.0-SNAPSHOT, I get compilation errors
wherever I use these classes (com.sun.*,sun.*), since those packages aren't
in the Execution Environment's system packages.  I tried to solve this by
creating an Extension Bundle (Fragment-Host: system.bundle;
extension:=framework), exporting the packages I needed, but it doesn't seem
that tycho takes into account these Extension Bundles during compilation.

Is it possible to extend the system packages that the compiler within Tycho
uses on a per bundle basis using a compilation configuration parameter, or
do I need to do something special to get Tycho to take into account the
Extension Bundles?

Thanks.
Matt

Back to the top