[tycho-user] Problem creating P2 repo using Tycho generated bundles...

Hi,

First let me say that my setup is admittedly unusual. We recently moved to using Tycho to generate the OSGi bundles of our project. Previously we had relied solely upon Ant, and our code-base is not setup using the Maven defaults. To solve some automated build and development issues it is even nonconformant to the usual eclipse setup. As a result, we use a parent pom that overrides some of Maven's assumptions, and only use Tycho to build the product and source bundles manifest-first. To do this we call the maven build from Ant and return to it once the bundles are built.

The problem I am having is that P2 assumes that the bundle-name and bundle-version specified in the manifest match the artifact name (<bundle-name>.<bundle-version>.jar) in order to generate properly (using equinox's p2.publish). Despite specifying the bundle.qualifier at call-time (-Dbuild.qualifier=${version.qualifier}) Tycho is generating the manifest with "bundle-version: 2.4.0.201111211243" rather than using ${build.qualifier} (ie. "bundle-version:2.4.0.v20111121-1243". when the bundle is then copied out for packaging by ant, the filename does not conform to the manifest, and the P2 generation will fail.

Based upon earlier tests, I had thought that specifying the build.qualifier would override the value placed in the manifests . However, it seems this is not (or is no longer) the case (was using 0.11.1, same behavior exists in 0.13.0). How can I override what Tycho uses to stamp the qualifier in the manifest?

Thanks.

-Eric

Back to the top