From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Babcock
Sent: Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2011 16:45
To: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tycho-user] Unable to update installable features that are declared in a .product file independent of updating the product

My RCP application consists of four installable features, along with a number of configuration files that are bundled as features.  When the application is built with the features defined as dependencies in the product file, p2 only provides the option of updating the product and not individual features.

>From the p2 documentation it supports provisioning an entire product, or adding IUs to an existing product.  To build an the incrementally upgradable product it looks like installable features need to be removed from the .product file and added in after the product is built.

Is my assessment correct, and is tycho capable of doing this?

Regards,

GB

Back to the top