Re: [tycho-user] Updateablr RCP app with maven

Hi Markus,

Thanks Markus for the quick answer. It works and looks like a pragmatic, but also a little bit crazy workaround ;-) Since I haven't found a bugzilla issue describing this problem, the question is if I should file a bugzilla issue then? Or is it a bug in the p2 tools?

Cheers,
Matthias

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Markus Alexander Kuppe <tycho-user_eclipse.org@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/22/2011 03:56 PM, Matthias Koester wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After migrating our product build to tycho 0.13.0 - which is really a
> big step forwards, thanks to the great work! - I migrated our product
> build from the eclipse-application packaging to eclipse-repository. We
> now have nice looking native launcher for all platforms which correct
> icons and working launchers. But when I add p2 update to my products,
> I'm not able to install any features. And after googling for my problem,
> I found two solutions to my problem:
>
>    1. Manually add the following line:
>       eclipse.p2.data.area=file\:/base/p2/
>       to my <eclipse-dir>/configuration/config.ini
>    2. It also works when I build with PDE, because this creates the
>       following eclipse.ini file:
>       -startup
>       ../../../plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar
>       --launcher.library
>       ../../../plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.cocoa.macosx.x86_64_1.1.1.R36x_v20100810
>
> But if I change my product file to either reference my own config.ini or
> try to add the "-startup..." arguments to the products macosx program
> arguments, both workarounds doesn't seem to be supported by tycho.
> Is this is known bug? How do others build updateable products that run
> on Mac OS X? I guess it's only a problem on Mac OS X, but I haven't
> tested it on my Win VirtualBox...

Hi Matthias,

we use eclipse-ini-patcher to work around this mac problem [0].

Markus

[0] https://github.com/komaz/eclipse-ini-patcher